ETFE membrane generally refers to ethylene-tetrafluoroethylene copolymer, which is a chemical substance. ETFE is the strongest fluoroplastic. While maintaining the good heat resistance, chemical resistance, and electrical insulation properties of PTFE, it is resistant to radiation and the mechanical properties have been greatly improved, and the tensile strength can reach 50 MPa, which is close to twice that of PTFE.
1. Excellent light transmittance: ETFE membrane can be highly transparent and allows ultraviolet rays to pass through. Ultraviolet rays are responsible for promoting photosynthesis, thereby promoting plant growth.
2. Solar control/shading: ETFE thin membrane system can add a variety of glass frit patterns on one or more layers to change its solar performance. The foil is printed with various standard or customized patterns. Color can be introduced in a variety of ways, whether it is applied during the membrane extrusion process, providing consistent hues from red to purple, or adding lighting with unlimited color options.
3. Elasticity: Although ETFE membranes are very elastic, they still have structural resistance. The tensile strength at the elastic/plastic limit is 21-23N/mm2, but the tensile strength at the breaking point is 52/Nmm2. For membrane structure calculations, the limit of 15 N/mm is usually conservatively adopted.
4. Durable and durable: ETFE will not degrade if exposed to environmental pollution, ultraviolet rays, irritating chemicals, or extreme temperature changes for a long time.
5. Acoustic transmission: ETFE membrane has approximately 70% acoustic transmission
6. Sustainability/energy saving: From membrane extrusion to transportation to the site, compared with other similar coating materials, it consumes less energy, thus reducing the overall carbon footprint. In addition, the properties of the product enhance the building physics through heat insulation and lighting, thereby contributing to the global low energy consumption of buildings.
7. Cost-effectiveness: Due to the lightweight characteristics of ETFE, the substructure support system, and concrete foundation can be designed more effectively. The ETFE system also provides sufficient natural lighting to minimize energy costs by reducing the need for indoor lighting.
8. Recyclable: easy to recycle, waste from the manufacturing process and even old ETFE components can be remade into new ETFE products, such as pipe parts, wires, or castings.
1. Although the tensile strength and tear strength are high, they are far lower than PVC and PTFE membrane materials, so the span of the structure is smaller than that of the fabric membrane structure.
2. When the inflatable type is selected, there must be corresponding mechanical equipment and electrical equipment, and the maintenance cost during the operation is relatively high.
3. There are few manufacturers and the price of materials is high.
1. Crystal material, low moisture absorption. It can be processed into products by the usual processing methods of thermoplastics.
2. Poor fluidity, easy to decompose, and produce corrosive gas during decomposition. The molding temperature should be strictly controlled not to exceed 350 degrees, the mold should be heated to 100-150 degrees, and the pouring system should have a low resistance to material flow. It can form simple thin-walled products with a thickness of 0.7-0.8 mm.
3. Transparent pellets, injection molding, and extrusion molding. The molding temperature is 300-330 degrees, and the temperature above 350 degrees is likely to cause discoloration or bubbles. It is suitable for high-speed and low-pressure molding, and it is difficult to demold.
Sitemap | Technical Support